Today is about making the ultimate commitment to you best friend – to be a married couple; a marriage Damy.
I’m so glad Dave and Amy found me to be their celebrant. It was going to take a special couple for me to share my birthday with 🙂 And this special couple have a pet budgie, Odo, who wasn’t present for their vows because #flightrisk but my gosh how cool is that?! These two are neat and are #lovegoals.
It was an intimate causal wedding at Foxtail, and they were just enveloped in love by their family and friends. All Foxglove’s balcony’s have had some maintenance and they are in fab form for a wedding, and it was brilliant to be able to stand outside and officiate with the hustle and bustle of the waterfront underneath us. Photos were taken by a friend of the couple and they perfectly capture the private love vibe.
Amy and Dave had some wonderful vendors for their special day which they gushed about:
- The Rolling Mill for rings (insta): Really enjoyed working with Nick and Nigel who go out of their way to make something personal and stunning. Bring your design to them or have one drawn up for you and go from there. They were comfortable using family stones as well as being able to source pretty much whatever you heart desires for your ring design. Full evaluation for insurance can be done thru them as well.
- Yvette Edwards for flowers: Super easy to work with and transparent for expenditure. This team has done work at Foxtail before and was confident to create some lush green table centers for us and some bouquets to kick the space up a notch. Amy’s bouquet and Dave’s buttonhole flower was delivered to the hotel where they were getting ready no fuss. No need to worry about removal the next day as that is sorted for you as well.
- Foxglove / Foxtail Whisky Den: Lovely people to work with who were able to accommodate dietary restrictions effortlessly. Professional yet easy going they helped us create or dinner from their seasonal function menus. Damy provided some alcohol free bubbly that they were happy to serve for us, cut the cake for dessert portion and wrapped up the leftovers for us to pick up the next day (wedding cake for breakfast!!). The Whisky den and balcony have had a recent makeover and the space is wonderful to be in. The staff working our event made the different stages go by no fuss and were quick to notice when thing needed attending to/ solve problems.|
- Velvet Cherry for Amy’s dress: Fiona is lovely to work with and with plenty of experience in creating gowns and outfits from costuming to the runway she’ll help you create a dress to fit you like a glove. She took Amy through different fabric option and plenty of fittings from the ‘made in sheets stage’ to pinning that hand applied lace to be just right. Amy bought a cheap second hand wedding dress with the style ideas she wanted and full of polyester and from that we were able to design my floaty empire princess like dress. Full of surviving the wedding day wisdom too she will make sure you have the knowledge to look stunning on your wedding day.
- Mandatory for Dave’ s look: They were able to breathe new life into a retro Versace jacket and within a very pressured schedule! It turns out that this team had helped fit a few of the men at our wedding and everyone looked snappy. Full of look shop references to help bring the grooms look together!
- Stiletto Studio for the cake: Pros at wedding cakes and all it took was a couple of reference photos and the design was sorted. Damy did 2 flavours, chocolate and strawberry mud. Strawberry mud was the wedding favourite. This team has also provides cake transport and set up!
- Ohtel for the night: They love staying here and always book a suite. Deep baths, a pillow menu and a stocked record player. Dave and Amy felt very looked after with a wine bottle, chocolates and a lovely card wishing us a wonderful wedding to great us on our arrival and a complimentary coffee from the cafe downstairs on our way out.
- Amy’s hair and make up was done by hairbycarzaz who has now moved to Wanaka and then Canada (Wellington’s loss!). Also shout to to Mane Salon who are excellent at hair colouring; Amy coloured her hair pink for her special day.
Testimonial: Miranda was wonderful to work with, she picked up the private and comfortable vibe we wanted for the wedding and crafted a beautiful yet brief ceremony for us. Full of a wealth of wedding knowledge she can help you piece together all parts of the wedding. On the big day Miranda was able to incorporate events impromptu creating a light and very memorable moment for us on such an emotional day. All of the family really appreciated how she conducted the ceremony, making it easy to navigate and easy for those involved. We couldn’t recommend Miranda more to officiate your wedding she’s a celebrant who celebrates love and what could be better for a wedding?